Above: Kate Moss come on over, schmoo's Bolivian connection just came in - with a kilo of coca tea bags - this is the way to go!
• According to research presented to the United Nations Commission on Human Rights by the "Tupay Katari" movement ":... coca leaf contains more proteins (19.9 per cent) than meat (19.4 per cent), and it is richer in vitamin B-1 (276 per cent) than fresh carrots".
• A 1975 study by Harvand University coco leaf weighing 100 grams contains: 18.9 calories of protine, 45.8 mg iron, 1,540 mg calcium plus Vitimins A, B1, B2, E and C.
• "Coca has more calcium than milk. It should be part of the school breakfast" says the new Bolivian government's foreign minister David Choquehuanca.
• When Pope John Paul II went to Bolivia even he drank coca tea and, acknowledged the virtues of the sacred leaf of the Incas.
• When U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice recently met Bolivian President Evo Morales, a former coca farmer, he gave her a guitar decorated with real coca leaves sealed under lacquer (so she would not get busted on her return to the USA).
• George Bush is a self confessed former cocaine user and coca cola drinker, who sometimes exibits the tell tale signs of continuing abuse. He once ripped off Hunter S. Thompson in a coke deal in Houston Texas (according to the now dead writer).
• The secret ingredient of coca cola was of course Cocaine.
Above: The La Paz Coca Musuem is open now!
• Another interesting Bolivian website that covers a lot of the politics of Coca is: The Andean Information Network.
• +Blog From Bolivia