The Guardian today reports of the 'strange case' of a disappearing raver which could point to a new nightmare side effect of taking ecstasy, the so called 'love' drug.
Ecstasy was developed by the CIA to make people enjoy listening to repetitive machine generated music all Saturday night and 'love' their bosses on Monday morning.
Now doctors from London University have revealed details of what they believe is the largest amount of ecstasy ever consumed by a single person. Consultants from the addiction centre at St George's Medical School, London, have published a case report of a British man estimated to have taken around 40,000 pills of MDMA, the active ingredient in ecstasy, over nine years,
For about four years he was consuming about 25 tabs of 'E' a day. Side effects included forgetting what was in his super market trolly while shopping, recurrent tunnel vision, hallucinations, paranoia, depression.
Apparently he sought medical attention after chronic and painful muscle rigidity around his neck and jaw prevented him opening his mouth - making it difficult to continue scoffing the tabs.
Doctors treating him said "He was having trouble functioning in every day life."
One explanation for his behavior is that he liked to eat a lot of smarties as a kid, but 'forgot' that he was an adult and ended up consuming MDMA tabs 'like smarties'.
• An estimated 750,000 regular users of ecstasy consume over 26 million tabs a year in Britain, more than any other country in the world. One pill costs the same as the tradition British 'pint' of beer: £2.50.
• 'Tabs' have got weaker, but this causes more health problems than when they were stronger - because people take two or three instead of just one. Researchers have found this does not just double or treble the dose, but quadruples it or more, "causing a chain reaction that may prove very dangerous."
• Users who fear they have over dosed often drink too much water which can cause 'hyponaetraemia (water poisoning). The recommended amount of water to drink per hour is one pint.
• A CIA plan to spray Iraq with ecstasy to stop a civil war was abandoned because of fears the insurgents might get into rap music
• Ecstasy is known for turning people into CIA zombies, repetitive beat addicts, and raving idiots, who just want to dance while 'Rome' burns.
Meanwhile the search is on for 'Mr A' the super raver who has disappeared. Some people believe this could be the real side effect of taking too much 'ecstasy' - it simply makes peoples brains so small they vanish into another dimension.
DRUG TAKERS OLYMPICS: Britain has won the nomination to hold the 'Drug Takers Olympics' in London. The 'Olympic Drug Dealers Association' who sponcer the event said this was thanks to the excellent bid put forward by Home Secretary Charles Clarke. He claimed that Britons take more illegal drugs now than they do in Spain, France & Germany put together.
Britain is almost certain to take several 'Golds' in Class A Drug Abuse, including the 'Middle Class Cocaine Dinner Party' all night race, the 'Crack House Marathon', and the '100 Yard Snort', which Olympian drug user Kate Moss is a 'hot' favorite to win nose down.