Above: "Pink Britannia Rules the Gays, We shall Never, Never be Straight".
It was 'Gay Pride' in London last weekend with a good humoured 'pinko and proud' carnival style march through central London, but all is not roses in gay land.
• When Sir Elton John and David Furnish got married this year they ware so worried at being attacked they avoided the public as much as possible and made a dash from their wedding car rather than shake anyone's hands.
• Cruising in Clapham Common is increasingly dangerous - last year there was a homophobic murder, in march this year a man was brutally attacked just yards from the site of the murder.
• Men in Scotland are almost four times as likely to be attacked if they are homosexual.
• 'Oxford Pride' - Saturday 15th July 2006.
• 'Brighton Pride' - 29th July - 3rd August.
• 'Manchester Pride' - 18-28 August.
Above: A traditional London 'Blush Bus'.
Above: All we need is love.
gay pride -