Above: Round the bend: Victims of a massive 'eco bag' fraud linked to an ebay scam were queueing (round the corner), from 5 am in the morning outside Sainsbury's in Camden today, to buy a Anya Hindmarch 'I'm not a plastic bag' bag for £5.
Above: E Bay scam: "Your not buying this bag to save the planet are you - you are going straight back to your grotty bedroom and logging on to ebay to re sell the crappy thing to a fashion victim for £70."
Above: Bag wars: hemp bag good, Anya Hindmarch cotton bag evil.
Above: "Cotton Is A Killer Weed": Environmental educational 'anti fraud' literature was distributed to potential victims warning them that there are thieves at work in the area;"The earth is under threat from a pesticide-hungry, water-thirsty pest: Cotton. Farmers who grow this often die or go blind; in India alone 142,000 are killed or made sick every year from cotton production."
One of the few honest fashion designers in existance, Katharine Hamnett points out on her website; "Cotton is 10% of world agriculture and uses 25% of world pesticides."
• Believe it or not: Ladbroke Grove Sainsbury's was spotted selling the toxic Hindmarch 'I am not a plastic bag' con bag - packed in a Sainsbury's plastic bag. Sainsbury's has said this was an 'isolated incident' (when they let the fake 'environmental' facade slip).
• Con list: 'C list' celebs who have fallen for the toxic bag con include: Lily Cole, Lily Allen, Scarlett Johansson, Keira Knightley, Reese Witherspoon, Graydon Carter, Erin O'Conner and Ben Grimes-Viort (who ever they are).
• Fact: Buying the 'I am not a plastic bag' is worse than driving 50 miles to buy a long life light bulb, so you can see while using a micro wave to reheat a Big Mac.
• Fact: Every time someone buys a 'Hindmarch Toxic Bag', Planet Earth dies a little more.
• Check out the amazing Live Silk site for cruelty free organic silk (the worms are not killed as in normal silk), woven by the worm.
More at 'hemp for victory'.
global warming - anya hindmarch - hemp